Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Run, Baby, Run.


Run. Running. Runner.
For some people these words alone can make you shake in your shoes. It can be perceived as unnecessary torture. But for me it’s like a long lost friend. It is an anxiety reliever. It’s a weird kind of release for me.  I love to run. Sadly over the years I go from one extreme to the other. I run every day or I don’t run at all. I am hoping that with it being a new year and still January I can get back on the horse…or the treadmill. I truly prefer to run outside, but living in the Midwest and hating the cold, I am stuck inside until spring. My goal for January is to run 3x a week for the rest of the month.  I have half the month left, so I can potentially accomplish something. Right? I find that if I am running, then other healthy things just fall into place. I feel accomplished when I run a couple miles and then suddenly its 5 or 6. I guess I’m just weird that way. Oh well, here’s to running, bad word or not.

By the way I got in a run today and yesterday. First time in many months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment